Career opportunity for Lead/Prinicipal technical writers with Informatica- Bangalore
Email to which resumes have to be sent
Your Opportunity:You are expected to play a major role in the planning and development of the product documentation. You should own the overall product documentation and ensure that the quality, technical accuracy and customer focus are maintained in the deliverables.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside energetic software developers, QA engineers and support engineers.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Should possess excellent writing and strong project management skills.
• Should be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
• Should have the ability to
o Conceptualize, research, design, develop material for new products
o Analyze requirements, design docs to determine types of publications needed
o Research related topics and technologies, including gathering and sorting source and background materials
• Should be able to understand the global impact of his/her actions, meet deadlines and take calculative risks.
• Should have proven track record of collaboration with engineering members.
• Should have knowledge on doc processes and doc tools.
• Should have independently executed and managed the projects.
• Should possess the ability to understand technical concepts, customer requirements and translate that information in documents.
• Should possess leaderships skills. Should be able to coach junior writers and enhance their writing skills.
• Understand product architecture and document Informatica’s CEP products using conceptual, task-based, and reference formats.
• Plan documentation effectively by developing doc plans from agile stories, maintain schedules and share documentation status with stakeholders.
• Install product builds and test functionality against the documentation for improving the usability and technical quality of docs.
• Develop API documents.
• Ensure cross-team coordination by working with development, QA and support staff as needed.
• Edit documentation for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure that it reflects Informatica’s commitment to quality.
• Document How-To articles (H2L) which help customers solve specific feature/task related questions of customers.
• Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering (desirable)
• 10 or more years of writing experience in Java based software application development.
• Knowledge and experience with structured writing techniques.
• Experience in writing or reviewing source code in C, C++, Java or .NET is an advantage.
• Basic programming skills and experience in documenting programming languages, application programming interfaces (APIs), protocols, schemas, and/or application development environments.
• Experience documenting systems software, relational databases and SQL, client APIsin Java, C++ and development environments on UNIX and Windows platforms (desirable).
• Ability to meet deadlines and help others meet them.
• Ability to prioritize and follow schedules.
• Develop and fine-tune documentation processes.
• Understands customer requirements and incorporate the same in documentation.
Candidate should also possess knowledge of the following.
• Unix/Linux operating systems
• Microsoft Windows operating system
• Experience with content management systems
• Knowledge of XMetal, DITA specializations, style sheets, XSLT transformations