Opportunity for Technical Writers
Email to which resumes have to be sent
Oracle Fusion Middleware Documentation: WebCenter
Oracle WebCenter is the user engagement platform for social business, delivering connectivity between people and information. Some of its subsidiaries are WebCenter Sites, WebCenter Portal, WebCenter Content, OSN, WebCenter Application Adapters, etc.
Brief Posting Description
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will design, create and deliver whole product documentation sets and/or related courseware. Edit, organize and direct the work activities of other technical writers and staff. Plan the format, arrange the layout of publications and edit work for conformance to publication standards and specifications.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
We require a technical writer with minimum five years of experience to work at Oracle Fusion Middleware Documentation for WebCenter. The work involves learning the FMW WebCenter domain and interacting with SME to update or author product documentation. Some of the documents/helps being released are Tutorials, Overviews, Getting Started, Installation Guides, Upgrade Guides, Release Notes, Administration Guides, Security Guides, Developer Guides, User Guides, References and APIs.
The job involves working with remote teams across US locations and in India, to work independently, and to communicate progress regularly. The documentation effort includes the following activities:
• Follow formatting, publishing and archiving standards, while adhering to the Oracle DARB templates.
• Use excellent writing, interviewing, and organizational skills.
• Work closely with the development team to incorporate new material into end user documentation.
• Present technical information by using screen captures tables, lists, illustrations, and/or graphics.
• Perform job requirements according to a project plan.
• Grasp and synthesize technical information such as functional, technical, and detail design specifications.
• Be proficient in using Structured FrameMaker, MS Word, source control systems, and basic graphic software.
• Use basic skills in HTML and XML to manage documents.
• Be a strong team player.
Demonstrate ability to multi-task and have good skills at organization and time management.