We are looking for an Information Developer with 5-10 yrs of experience.
\r\nThe writer is required to develop/update high-quality technical documentation by working with writers and engineers.
\r\nDocumentation deliverables include information center plug-ins, installation guides, user guides, and release notes. Must collaborate with writers and editors in all locations to ensure adherence to the processes and styles. \r\nThe individual should have good communication skills and thorough knowledge of technical writing concepts.
\r\nThis role requires 5-10 years of industry experience in technical writing and content development preferably in systems software technology area.
Candidate should have degree in Computer Science and preferably additional diploma/degree in communications. \r\n
\r\nTechnical and Non Technical Skills\r\n
- Strong English language communication skills (written and verbal)\r\n
- Strong user-level knowledge of authoring tools like Framemaker, IDWB\r\n
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat\r\n
- Expertise in producing multiple outputs from and coding in DITA/SGML/HTML/XML\r\n
- Experience and familiarity with Topic writing styles and approaches\r\n
- Experience with content management databases\r\n
- Proficient editorial competence, with the ability to follow and apply the IBM Style guidelines where appropriate\r\n
- Information build skills like start/stop build servers, analyze log files etc\r\n
- Excellent teaming skills for collaboration across multiple development teams\r\n
- Self-motivated to seek information and clarification whenever needed, and incorporate that information into appropriate documentation\r\n
- Ability to handle multiple tasks\r\n
- Strong analytical problem determination/solving skills\r\n
- Understanding of the role of information development in a product development process