Openings at Oracle Hyderabad for Technical Writers
\r\nOutstanding written and oral communication skills. BS or MS degree, preferably in Computer Science Engineering (CSE), or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
\r\n Creates, develops, plans, writes, and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test, or user manuals for paper, multimedia, or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production, and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
\r\n As a member of the technical writing division, you will organize and prepare information for publication and develop publication concepts for the best communication of subject matter. Review technical information prepared by other staff members for clarity and content. Review user interfaces for usability and clarity of text elements. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
\r\n Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Preferred Qualifications: BS or MS degree, preferably in Computer Science Engineering (CSE), or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Four or more years of software engineering, technical writing, or related experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; prepares written communication and conveys this information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents. \r\n
- Experience writing end user/technical documentation and training for end users and administrators that complies with company style standards and is appropriate for the intended audience; requires minimal rework during editing and review process. \r\n
- Experience reviewing user interfaces to ensure quality and consistency of style standards. \r\n
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a larger, very collaborative team; ability to develop working relationships with other internal groups to meet objectives and complete tasks. \r\n
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills; anticipates problems and develops contingency plans for projects. \r\n
- Ability to grasp and communicate technical and functional concepts quickly and effectively.\r\n
- Experience with XML, SOAP, or other Web service languages desirable.\r\n
- Experience with PHP or similar scripting languages desirable.\r\n
- Ability to write code samples in XML, SOAP, PHP, or other scripting languages desirable.\r\n
- Proficiency in Linux and MySQL desirable.\r\n
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, schedule, and meet aggressive deadlines. \r\n
- Organized, professional, and motivated. \r\n
- Willingness to work with world-wide development and information development teams. \r\n
- Experience with Oracle Applications desirable; demonstrates a broad understanding of Oracle's business and operational units. Understanding of product development lifecycle and product design desirable. \r\n
- Interest in learning new technologies. \r\n
- Demonstrated ability in identifying process improvements and delivering presentations/demonstrations to colleagues as part of information sharing sessions. \r\n
- Understanding of a minimalist documentation approach desirable. Willingness to learn a new help/documentation strategy, and desire to contribute to the development and improvement of that strategy.\r\n
- Experience of working with XML editors and advanced desktop-publishing and content-development tools desirable.\r\n
- Knowledge of single-sourcing and structured authoring concepts, tools, and techniques desirable.\r\n
- Knowledge of CRM, supply chain management, human capital management, project management, business, accounting, customer relationship management, or consulting desirable.\r\n
Please send your latest resumes to email@example.com with CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.