Symantec Pune is Hiring - Information Developer
\r\nRelentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.\r\n
\r\nProduct Group Overview:\r\nThe DCS team under the Information Security group is working on cutting edge technologies to solve unmet and underserved jobs and outcomes in the Data Center Information Security area. \r\n
- Familiarity with a Windows user environment, which includes using Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and FrameMaker is necessary.
- Experience with documenting Windows and UNIX or Linux application software is highly desirable.
- Experience with XML authoring tools and content management systems as part of a writing environment is highly desirable.
- Liking for Social Media and understanding of how it is changing the Technical Writing world would be a huge plus
- Expert written and verbal communication skills\r\n
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities.\r\n
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, yet work synergistically with other members of the team\r\n
- Ability to work well under pressure. Good team player with good aptitude and attitude.\r\n
- Action oriented, customer centered, dealing with ambiguity, priority setting, planning, communication, time management, accountability, initiative, judgment, problem-solving, organizing
- 3-5 Years of relevant experience\r\n
- Work with engineers who are software developers, quality assurance testers, and product marketing specialists to produce superior, customer-centered, topic-based documentation. \r\n
- Proactively gather information from the appropriate team members. \r\n
- Organize and present detailed and procedural technical information in a clear, concise, user friendly format. \r\n
- Participate in an agile development team environment and work with others to solve problems. \r\n
- Take responsibility for deadlines, which may sometimes require working on more than one project simultaneously. \r\n
- Plans and develops larger sections or complete information deliverables. \r\n
- Applies latest professional content development standards and principles to plan and develop user assistance. \r\n
- Plans for and uses content management principles and follows company standards for content development. \r\n
- Bachelors degree in English with a strong sense of technology, or engineering/computer science degree with a flair for writing and excellent communication skills.